REVOLUTION is indicated for the treatment, control and prevention of flea (Ctenocephalides spp.) infestations, control of flea allergy dermatitis, treatment and control of ear mites (Otodectes cynotis) in dogs and cats and for the treatment and control of sarcoptic mange (Sarcoptes scabiei) in dogs.
REVOLUTION is also indicated for treatment of intestinal hookworm (Ancylostoma tubaeforme) and roundworm (Toxocara cati) infestations in cats and intestinal roundworm (Toxocara canis and Toxascaris leonina) infestations in dogs.
REVOLUTION is indicated for the control of tick (Haemaphysalis leachi and Rhipicephalus sanguineus) infestations in dogs and cats.
REVOLUTION is also indicated for the treatment of lice infestation in dogs (Trichodectes canis) and cats (Felicola subrostratus).
Selamectin, a semi-synthetic compound of the avermectin class. The ready to use solution is a 6% (60 mg/ml of Selamectin) solution for puppies, kittens and cats.
Use one 0,25ml pipette per dog/puppy weighing between 2,6 and 5kg
Use one 0,5ml pipette per dog/puppy weighing between 5,1 and 10kg
Use one 1ml pipette per dog/puppy weighing between 10,1 and 20kg
Use one 2ml pipette per dog/puppy weighing between 20,1 and 40kg
For dogs/puppies weighing over 40kg, the appropriate combination of pipettes should be used. Should you be unsure of which dose to give, please contact your veterinary healthcare provider.
For dogs/puppies weighing less than 2.5kg, please use Revolution for Puppies & Kittens
Directions for use: Use only as directed -
For the treatment, control and prevention of flea infestations, control of flea allergy dermatitis, treatment and control of earmites in dogs and cats and for treatment and control of sarcoptic mange in dogs. For treatment of intestinal hookworm and roundworm infestations in cats and intestinal roundworm infestations in dogs. For the treatment of lice infestation in dogs and cats.
Apply topically to the skin at the recommended minimum dose of 6 mg Selamectin/kg bodymass once a month.
Do not use on puppies or kittens less than 6 weeks of age.
For the control of tick (Haemaphysalis leachi and Rhipicephalus sanguineus) infestations in dogs and cats:
In heavy tick infestations, complete efficacy may not be achieved after the first dose therefore REVOLUTION should be administered on a monthly basis with one additional dose administered two weeks after the first dose with monthly dosing continued thereafter.
For litter protection in puppies and kittens against flea and nematode infestation after birth.
Treatment of pregnant and lactating animals to prevent flea infestations and roundworm infection in puppies and kittens:
To prevent flea infestations, REVOLUTION should be administered at monthly intervals throughout pregnancy and lactation to bitches and queens. This schedule of treatments will prevent flea infestations in suckling puppies and kittens for seven weeks after birth.
To prevent roundworm infection, REVOLUTION should be administered at monthly intervals during pregnancy with a dose administered approximately two weeks before parturition. The next treatment should be administered to the bitch or queen, ten days after parturition and followed by another treatment one month later. This schedule of treatments for bitches and queens will prevent adult roundworm infections in suckling puppies and kittens for seven weeks after birth.
Flammable - Keep away from heat, sparks, open flames or other sources of ignition.
- May be irritating to skin and eyes. Wash hands after use and wash off any product in contact with the skin immediately with soap and water.
- Keep out of reach of children and uninformed persons.
- This remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and contact the registration holder.
- If poisoning occurs, contact a doctor or Poisons Control Centre. If contact with eyes occurs, then flush eyes copiously with water. In case of ingestion by humans, contact a physician.
- Depress the cap to puncture the seal on the REVOLUTION tube; then remove the cap to administer product.
- Administer the product directly to the skin without massaging into the site. Part the hair on the back of the animal at the base of the neck in front of the shoulder blades until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube to empty its entire contents directly onto the skin in one spot. Avoid contact between the product and fingers. Do not apply when the hair coat is wet. Bathing or shampooing the animal 2 or more hours after treatment will not reduce the efficacy of REVOLUTION.