Frontline Plus is a topical medication for the treatment & prevention of ticks and fleas infestations on dogs and puppies from 8 weeks of age. It also controls Flea Allergy Dermatitis and biting lice. Frontline Plus effectively kills fleas by breaks their life cycle and preventing the development of flea eggs and larvae into adult fleas.
Frontline Plus contains the active ingredients Fipronil 100g/L and S-Methoprene 90g/L. Fipronil works by attacking the nerve cells of fleas, resulting in their becoming disorientated and hyperactive before dying. (S)-methoprene interferes with egg production and hatching of fleas, as well as inhibiting larval development.
Consequently, no more pupae are produced, and the flea life cycle is broken.
For dogs and puppies weighing up to 10kg: One pipette will dose one puppy/dog up to 10 kg
For dogs weighing between 10 and 20kg: One pipette will dose one dog weighing between 10 - 20kg
For dogs weighing between 20 and 40kg: One pipette will dose one dog weighing between 20 - 40kg
For dogs weighing between 40 and 60kg: One pipette will dose one dog weighing between 40 – 60kg
For dogs that weigh more than 60kg: The appropriate combination of pipettes should be used. Please consult your veterinary healthcare provider for assistance.
- Remove pipette from the packaging
- Snap off tip to open the pipette
- Part the fur on the back of your dog’s neck, between the shoulder blades, until skin is visible.
- Place open pipette on the exposed skin and squeeze until all the contents have been emptied onto your dog’s skin.
- Reapply every 4 weeks
In severe flea infestations, two treatments, 2-3 weeks apart are recommended.
Your pet will need to be dry for 3 days before administering this product and 3 days after to ensure proper distribution over your pet’s skin.
- Do not use on puppies under 8 weeks of age.
- Do not allow recently treated pets to groom each other until application site has dried. If they have groomed each other, salivation may occur.
- Dispose of used pipettes safely.