**CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK**
For the treatment and prevention of flea and tick infestations on dogs and cats and aids in the control of flea allergic dermatitis in dogs.
Long acting flea and tick treatment for dogs and cats.
Fiprotec spray may be used on pregnant and lactating females, as well as on unweaned puppies.
Directions for use – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
- Do not bath or shampoo the animal 2 days before or 2 days after the application as this will decrease the duration of activity.
- Ruffle the dry coat against the lie of the hair before spraying
- Spray the entire body of the animal at a distance of 10 – 20cm
- To ensure coverage of the head region, spray Fiprotec Spray onto a glove and rub gently around the face, avoiding the eyes.
- When your pet has been thoroughly covered, massage the coast all over to ensure the spray gets right down to the skin
- When treating puppies, you may prefer to use a glove to apply Fipritec spray
- Allow your pet to dry naturally. Do not towel dry.
- Monthly applications are recommended where there is a high risk of reinfestation, if the pet is allergic and in situations where tick control is needed.
Application onto the skin
In order to wet the coat down to the skin, it is recommended that the following application rates be used:
Short haired animals (<1.5cm)
- A minimum of 3ml/kg body mass = 7.5mg of active material per kg body mass
Long haired animals (>1.5cm)
- A minimum of 6ml/kg of body mass = 15mg of active material per kg body mass
Each trigger application delivers 0.5ml spray volume
E.g. for dogs under 12kg
Short haired animals (<1.5cm) apply 6 pump actions per kg (3ml/kg)
Long haired animals (>1.5cm) apply 12 pump actions per kg (6ml/kg)
Each trigger application delivers 1ml spray volume
E.g. for dogs over 12kg
Short haired animals (<1.5cm) apply 3 pump actions per kg (3ml/kg)
Long haired animals (>1.5cm) apply 6 pumps actions per kg (6ml/kg)
- Fleas: 2 months (1 – 3 months)
- Ticks: 1 Month (3 – 5 weeks)
This will depend on the parasite challenge in the animal’s environment
Store in a cool place
- Keep out of reach of uninformed persons, children and animals
- Although this remedy has been tested extensively under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue due to a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Toxic to bees and fish
- Avoid contact with eyes
- Wear gloves, especially when treating groups of animals
- Spray in a well-ventilated area
- Wash hands immediately after use
- Do not smoke, eat or drink during application
- Keep your pet away from fires, heat or surfaces like to be affected by the alcohol spray until dry.