Deter Spray - repellent spray for midges, mosquitoes and flies
• Aids in the prevention of African Horse Sickness.
• DEET has a significant repellent effect against Culicoides midge species.
• Immediate repellent effect after a single administration.
• Daily application in the morning and afternoon - significant repellence of mosquitoes.
and prevents feeding with at least 92.8 %.
• Synergistic action of 4 essential oils and DEET.
Diethyl Toluamide (DEET) 15,0% m/v, Piperonyl Butoxide 1,0% m/v, Eucalyptus Oil, Tagete Oil, D-Limonene, Alpha Terpineol.
Directions for use
- It is good sanitary practice to wear rubber or plastic gloves during application
- Deter Spray must be applied early mornings and late afternoons during Spring, Summer and Autumn when insect biting activity is high
- Shake the bottle at least 10 times before each application
- The pump spray applicator must be set to deliver a fine mist spray before application commences.
- The tip of the nozzle of the spray applicator must be held 30cm away from the animal's skin
- Brush animal's skin to remove excess dust and dirt
- Apply spray to horse's coat to cover an area of 625cm² per single pump spray.
- Make sure that all areas of the horse's body are covered, paying particular attention to the legs and other areas where the skin is thin and hairless
- Do not spray the mist around the head and eyes. Dampen a soft clean cloth with the spray and apply to the head whilst avoiding contact with the eyes
- DEET must not be used on horses intended as food for human consumption
- Avoid inhalation of spray mist
- When applied as a spray, this may result in a sneezing reaction in people after applying the product
- Wash hands after application
- Prevent contamination of food, food utensils, grazing, drinking water, rivers, dams, drains etc.
- Dispose of empty containers according to local waste disposal regulations and do not reuse for any other purpose
- HANDLE WITH CARE
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder
Horses may be ridden or worked immediatley following application. Although application of Deter Spray will aid in the prevention of the insect-borne viral diseases, such as African Horse Sickness, it is imperative to follow the correct vaccination programmes and other control measures.
Store in a cool, dark, dry place or at below 20°C. Keep the container tightly closed.