For the treatment and prevention of tick and flea infestations in dogs. BRAVECTO® kills adult, as well as juvenile ticks (larvae and nymphs). BRAVECTO® can be used as part of a treatment strategy for flea allergy dermatitis (FAD).
2 – 4,5
112,5 mg for miniature dogs
4,5 – 10
250 mg for small dogs
10 – 20
500 mg for medium dogs
20 – 40
1000 mg for large dogs
40 - 56
1400 mg for x-large dogs
Within each weight range a whole tablet must be used.
For dogs more than 56 kg, use a combination of two tablets that most closely matches the body weight. Please don't hesitate to contact your veterinary healthcare service provider should you need any assistance or advice.
Contains Fluralaner equivalent to 25 – 56 mg/kg body weight.
Each tablet contains:
Miniature Dogs: 112,5 mg
Small Dogs: 250 mg
Medium Dogs: 500 mg
Large Dogs: 1000 mg
X-Large Dogs: 1400 mg
Store at or below 30 °C in a cool, dry place.
- Safety in puppies less than 8 weeks old and/or dogs weighing less than 2 kg has not been established.
- Keep the product in the original packaging until use.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND PETS.
- Can be used in breeding, pregnant and lactating dogs.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Use with caution in dogs with a history of seizures.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke while handling the product.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water immediately after use of the product.
- Do not store with food, drinks, medication or household products.
Directions for Use
- Administer tablets at or around the time of feeding for maximum effectiveness.
- It can be mixed with food or given by hand since it is very palatable.
- For optimal control of tick and flea infestation, BRAVECTO®should be administered at intervals of 12 weeks.
- BRAVECTO®can be administered all year round.
BRAVECTO® was shown to be effective* against fleas and various tick species.
* Efficacy > 90 - 95 %
BRAVECTO® is indicated for the treatment of the following:
Ticks:(Ixodes ricinus, Ixodes hexagonus, Ixodus scapularis, Dermacentor reticulatus, Dermacentor variabilis and Rhipicephalus sanguineus)
Directly after treatment, at least 90 % of ticks on the dog are killed within 8 hours. During the whole treatment interval, at least 90 % of ticks on dogs are killed within 12 hours.
Directly after treatment, at least 95 % of fleas are killed within 8 hours. During the whole treatment interval, at least 95 % of fleas on dogs are killed within 12 hours.
Effect on immature stages
The product kills adult as well as juvenile ticks (larvae, nymphs). Newly emerged fleas on a dog are killed before viable eggs are produced. An in vitro study also demonstrated that very low concentrations of Fluralaner stop the production of viable eggs by fleas.
Control of Flea Infestations and Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD)
The flea life cycle is broken due to the rapid onset action and long-lasting efficacy against adult fleas on the animal and the absence of viable egg production. BRAVECTO® effectively controls environmental flea populations in areas to which the dog has access. BRAVECTO® can be used as part of a treatment strategy for flea allergy dermatitis (FAD).
A single oral administration of Bravecto® chewable tablets to dogs with Sarcoptes spp., Otodectes spp. infestations showed a 100 % reduction in live mite counts as well as a complete elimination of live mites 28 days after treatment administration. The treatment resulted in a reduction of skin lesions and increase of hair regrowth.
Single oral administration of Bravecto® chewable tablets is highly effective against generalised demodicosis caused by Demodex spp., with no mites detectable at 56 and 84 days following treatment.
Light to dark brown chewable tablet with a smooth or slightly rough surface and circular shape. Some marbling, speckles or both may be visible. Packaged in aluminium foil blister with aluminium foil lid stock.
Packaging change underway - October 2019