- Kills fleas on dogs and prevents infestations for at least 4 weeks.
- Kills fleas before they can lay eggs.
- Kills larvae in the dog’s surroundings.
- Assists in the control of Flea Allergy Dermatitis in dogs.
- Treatment of ear mite infestation, sacrcoptic mange and demodectic mange.
- Prevention of heartworm disease.
- Treatment of infections with gastrointestinal nematodes including ascarids, hookworms and whipworms.
- Can be used on puppies over 7 weeks of age and 1kg in weight.
Directions for use: Use only as directed.
Use one 0.4ml tube per dog weighing over 1kg and up to 4kg.
Use one 1.0ml tube per dog weighing over 4kg and up to 10kg.
Use one 2.5ml tube per dog weighing over 10kg and up to 25kg.
Use one 4.0ml tube per dog weighing over 25kg and up to 40kg.
For dogs weighing over 40kg, the appropriate combination of tubes should be used. If you’re unsure as to which combination to use, please be sure to contact your veterinary healthcare provider for assistance.
How to apply:
Hold the applicator tube in the upright position. Twist and pull cap off the tube. Turn the cap around and place the other end of the cap back on the tube. Twist cap to break the seal, then remove the cap from the tube.
For easy application, the animal should be standing. Part the hair on the dog’s neck at the base of the skull until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube firmly several times to empty its contents directly onto the skin as a single spot. Application at the base of the skull will minimize the opportunity for the cat to lick the product. Apply to undamaged skin only. Do not get the product in your pet’s eyes or mouth.
During treatment with Advocate, no other antiparasitic macrocylic lactone should be administered.
- Do not use in puppies under 7 weeks of age and less than 1kg in weight.
- Advocate for dogs must not be used on cats.
- The safety of Advocate for dogs has not been established during pregnancy and lactation.
- Handle with care.
- Store away from food and feed.
- Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals.
- Advocate treated dogs should not swim in an aquatic environment for 4 days after treatment as the product could be harmful to aquatic organisms.
- Do not allow recently groomed animals to groom each other. Care should be taken to prevent the animal from licking the application site.
- On rare occasions, the use of the product may result in transient pruritic in dogs, greasy fur, erythema and vomiting can occur. These signs disappear without further treatments.
- The product tastes bitter. Salivation may occasionally occur if the animal licks the application site immediately after the treatment. This is not a sign of intoxication and disappears within some minutes without treatment. Correct application will minimise licking of the application site.
- As with any product containing macrolytic lactones, special care should be taken in Collies, Old English Sheepdogs and related breeds or crossbreeds, to correctly administer the product as directed. Oral uptake by the recipient and/or other animals should be prevented.
- Consult your veterinarian before using this product on sick and debilitated dogs as well as dogs weighing less than 1 kg.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes and mouth.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke while applying or after application before washing hands thoroughly.
- After application, do not stroke or groom animals until the application site is dry.
- Prevent contamination of food, food utensils, drinking water etc.
- Wash hands thoroughly after use.
- Dispose of used tubes safely.
- The solvent in Advocate may stain certain materials including plastics, leather, fabrics and finished surfaces. Allow the application site to dry before permitting contact with such materials.
- In case of spillage onto skin, wash off immediately with soap and water.
- People with known skin sensitivity may be particularly sensitive to this product.
- If the product accidentally gets into the eyes, flush thoroughly with water. If skin or eye irritation persists, or if the product is accidentally swallowed, seek medical attention and show package insert to physician.
- Store below 30°C.
Imidacloprid 10% m/v
Moxidectin 2.5% m/v