- Kills fleas on cats and prevents infestations for at least 4 weeks.
- Kills fleas before they can lay eggs.
- Kills larvae in the cat’s surroundings.
- Assists in the control of Flea Allergy Dermatitis in cats,
- Treatment of ear mite infestation (please read package insert)
- Prevention of heartworm disease (please read package insert)
- Treatment of infections with gastrointestinal nematodes including ascarids and hookworms.
- Can be used on kittens over 9 weeks of age and 1kg in weight.
Directions for use: Use only as directed.
Use one 0.4ml tube per cat weighing over 1kg and up to 4kg.
Use one 0.8ml tube per cat weighing over 4kg.
For cats weighing more than 8kg, the appropriate combination of tubes should be used.
If you’re unsure as to which combinations to use, please contact your veterinary healthcare advisor for assistance.
How to apply:
Hold the applicator tube in the upright position. Twist and pull cap off the tube. Turn the cap around and place the other end of the cap back on the tube. Twist cap to break the seal, then remove the cap from the tube.
For easy application, the animal should be standing. Part the hair on the cat’s neck at the base of the skull until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube firmly several times to empty its contents directly onto the skin as a single spot. Application at the base of the skull will minimize the opportunity for the cat to lick the product. Apply to undamaged skin only. Do not get the product in your pet’s eyes or mouth.
During treatment with Advocate, no other antiparasitic macrocylic lactone should be administered.
- Do not use in kittens under 9 weeks of age and less than 1kg in weight.
- Advocate for cats must not be used on dogs.
- The safety of Advocate for cats has not been established during pregnancy and lactation.
- Handle with care.
- Store away from food and feed.
- Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals.
- Do not allow recently groomed animals to groom each other. Care should be taken to prevent the animal from licking the application site.
- On rare occasions, the use of the product may result in transient pruritic in cats, greasy fur, erythema and vomiting can occur. These signs disappear without further treatments.
- The product tastes bitter. Salivation may occasionally occur if the animal licks the application site immediately after the treatment. This is not a sign of intoxication and disappears within some minutes without treatment. Correct application will minimise licking of the application site.
- Consult your veterinarian before using this product on sick and debilitated cats as well as cats weighing less than 1 kg.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes and mouth.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke while applying or after application before washing hands thoroughly.
- After application, do not stroke or groom animals until the application site is dry.
- Prevent contamination of food, food utensils, drinking water etc.
- Wash hands thoroughly after use.
- Dispose of used tubes safely.
- The solvent in Advocate may stain certain materials including plastics, leather, fabrics and finished surfaces. Allow the application site to dry before permitting contact with such materials.
- In case of spillage onto skin, wash off immediately with soap and water.
- People with known skin sensitivity may be particularly sensitive to this product.
- If the product accidentally gets into the eyes, flush thoroughly with water. If skin or eye irritation persists, or if the product is accidentally swallowed, seek medical attention and show package insert to physician.
- Store below 30°C.
Imidacloprid 10% m/v
Moxidectin 1% m/v